This may turn out to be a complete disaster but I’m going to attempt live twittering as I make pancakes in a Gordon Ramsey style cookalong live!
I’ll update this post with the results later but to follow events in real time, follow me on twitter!
Updated: still very full of pancake! Here’s how it went…
- Digging out ingredients (mug of flour, egg or two, pint of milk and pinch of salt) and a giant bowl
- Stirring. Flour and salt already in the bowl, plus eggs in the middle and gradually adding milk to get a paste. It’s the next bit I mess up!
- Still stirring. Adding milk a little at a time… until it’s too runny to cook properly- obviously that’s not the aim, but this is batch 1!!
- Ok, as suspected, batch 2 required! Little more flour I think. Leaving first batch to stand. Not long until the fun bit!
- Breaking out the frying pan! The batter should apparently be a creamy texture- being cautious and going for extra thick cream for now!
- Can’t type- eating!
- Jo’s been beaten by pancakes. I’m still going, just! Tried frying them with butter this year- tasty.
- Might just manage one more… or two. Sprinkling on the sugar with a squirt of lemon. Jo prefers jam and sugar- I keep saying jam IS sugar!
- I couldn’t eat another thing! That’s it for strictly pancake cooking live- I’m off for a kip on the sofa!
Hope to have some photos of the event up at some point too- Jo got a good action shot!