If you have set up an MDM Server development environment, you should have noticed that you have actually already run some MDM transactions. The Validate MDM Installation step in the MDM Development and Test Environment (DEST) wizard runs an addContract and two addPerson transactions to verify everything is configured and working. In addition to the first two options, you can actually use the DEST wizard to run your own transactions. Here’s how.
Option 3: InstallVerification Project
This is probably the simplest of all the options for testing an MDM transaction. The Validate MDM Installation step of the DEST wizard will run any transactions in the xml folder of the InstallVerification project. The results are placed in the xml/response folder in the same project but you will need to refresh the contents of the project to see the new files. Follow these steps for an easy way to try out this option:
- Copy one of the existing files in the xml folder of the InstallVerification project and give it a new name, e.g. testTCRMaddperson.xml
- Edit the new file and change some of the values. I changed the address, identification number and name for example
- Start the DEST wizard, select just the Validate MDM Installation step, click next, then finish
- Right click on the InstallVerification project and select Refresh
- Open the appropriate response file in the xml/response folder, for example ResponsetestTCRMaddPerson.xml, and check the results
Tip: don’t forget that DEST runs all the transactions in the xml folder so you may wish to clear it out now and then.