Almost by coincidence (i.e. only slightly contrived after I noticed how close it was) this is the first anniversary of Notes from a small field and the 100th post! If you don’t like blog posts about blog stats, look away now!
- First post: Hello world! on 19 September 2007, and I didn’t even write it!
- Most popular post (hits): Cheap low power home server options with 1,026 hits
- Most popular post (comments): DSL, Puppy Linux, Netvoyager and CurrentCost with 12 comments
- Least popular post (not including this one!): Perranporth, Cornwall with 3 hits, which is a shame because the Ordnance Survey still do nice wallpaper pics
- Most popular search term: “low power home server” 112 times
- Busiest day: Thursday, July 31, 2008 with 306 hits
- Total views: 8,994
- Spam: 2,763 (all caught thanks to Akismet)
Luckily it’s not all numbers. Here’s my roundup from the past year/99 posts:
- Favourite comment: if I’d have started this blog sooner, there would have been a lot of posts about fitting the kitchen!
- Favourite incoming link: Blogrolled
- Most useful post: Setting up an MDM Server development environment (useful but not necessarily interesting! I’ve pointed a lot of people at work to it and it seems to help)
- Most useless post: iPhone accessibility (nobody seems interested, which is a shame- must try and catch up with Andy about trying it out on the touch screen kiosk in the ETS lab instead)
If you got this far, well done! If all goes to plan, I’ll have some cakes at my desk in Hursley to celebrate.
Update: If you were working at home today/don’t work in Hursley, you missed out… yum…